Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Lesson on Computers

One of the classes I teach is a 'hybrid' class which means half of it is supposed to take place in the classroom and the other half on-line. I have a few students who have never used a computer before and so I am putting together a lesson on Computers!

I found several worksheets on my favorite ESL Site (which I suggest to anyone who produces and uses ESL worksheets and powerpoints) so I will not post them here (I don't want to post other folks' work if it is not unregistered.)

I did find some interesting youtube videos for ESL learners. The website is www.ef.com/podenglish. They have a whole program for english learners. You can download certain lessons or you can find them on youtube, like this one:


I also taught the following vocabulary:
Hardware: Computer, PC, CPU, Monitor, Screen, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Disk drive, printer, scanner
Software, programs
Verbs: log in/on, sign in/on, open, close, download, type, scroll, search, google, email
Other vocab: email, internet, web browser, search engine, junk mail, spam, website, webpage

I will probably add to this post later.

No comments: